【博士奖学金】最新PhD招生和奖学金信息(310)剑桥大学、墨尔本大学

[复制链接]
查看2294 | 回复0 | 2023-9-10 19:20:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本期坐标英国、澳大利亚% D/ Z) o2 I, @* Z  x  V5 ]
本期 “小曼博士” 为大家推荐剑桥大学,墨尔本大学2023最新奖学金介绍。有需要或者问题的同学欢迎在 “评论区或者私信留言”:预约小曼博士1对1免费咨询哦~: H1 [, R+ z1 D% _8 u* r

* K9 y4 p) G* D" x01.剑桥大学
( L; F3 H5 ]6 O8 l# A4 w5 e% Q2 h# E7 j7 x- l: p; b& V) `
AZ funded Non-clinical PhD Studentship in a research project "Investigate the mechanistic link between chronic kidney disease and cardiac dysfunction" (Fixed Term)+ t- e, v3 x) L: q
University of Cambridge | Department of Medicine
* Z# G1 Q' n; Z: v博导:Dr Xuan Li
6 M) `# C0 n: f+ A3 d- U: [3 N截止日期:2023年10月01日 周天
2 O1 _/ \( T- F) ?$ f资助的博士项目(全球学生); u0 g% J2 I6 |8 j
" A7 H+ O/ I1 J' D2 d% E( q
【博士奖学金】最新PhD招生和奖学金信息(310)剑桥大学、墨尔本大学-1.jpg
) ^6 E( d+ |/ X% W5 Z
3 \5 G$ E8 }6 u8 a1 z* @项目描述:
: M+ n: X" A4 E) \* G; E! vAbout the Project
0 I, ?  u7 G9 M; L  w# z
+ ~- [% Z$ ?4 i) d: U. _9 v5 s7 @) |2 J6 g% B
Applications are invited for 4-year PhD studentship based in the new Victor Phillip Dahdaleh Heart & Lung Research Institute (VPD-HLRI), University of Cambridge and the new AstraZeneca Discovery Centre at Cambridge.The student will be working on a collaborative project jointly supervised by Dr Xuan Li (UoC, https://www.xuanlab.org) and Dr Kevin Woollard & Dr Weike Bao (AstraZeneca) and will have opportunity to work across the two sites in several locations (Cambridge UK, Gaithersburg USA, Gothenburg Sweden). The new HLRI Research Institute and the new AstraZeneca Discovery Center provide an exceptional and cutting-edge research environment that promotes collaborative and interdisciplinary research, with state-of-art facilities, are housed on Cambridge Biomedical Campus, adjacent to the Royal Papworth Hospital (one of the world's leading cardiothoratic hospitals). The project will employ collaborative approaches to maximise the output in both academia and industry.
2 \/ `( z; ]0 |0 c! E( {) \9 V; u4 e! E
This project will study the mechanisms underlying chronic inflammation in cardiorenal disease. Our work has shown that dysfunctional microtubules lead to cardiomyocyte contractile malfunction and heart failure (PMID: 34040253, Altmetric impact 856), an emerging research topic. This project will use multidisciplinary approaches (biochemistry, cell biology, human induced pluripotent stem cell and etc.) to investigate the regulation of microtubule-dependent mechanisms in cardiorenal diseases.
+ [8 z# z3 [* A( r4 i( u2 @' R' u& l- q$ ^4 ?0 V( @& S' a
Relevant publications related to this project include: MARK4 controls ischaemic heart failure through microtubule detyrosination. Yu et al., Nature. 2021 Jun;594(7864):560-565; Chronic kidney disease mediates cardiac dysfunction associated with increased resident cardiac macrophages. Mawhin et al., BMC Nephrol. 2022 Jan 28;23(1):47.
3 C" [0 G: f# f& c7 Y, G4 [8 R$ F3 j2 Z* k. M, T/ E& E8 {* ]- T
Candidate3 F8 G$ s+ ?% s7 f, P8 d- Z
6 Q: T& Q9 v4 Z3 B$ x0 A& o0 W

& w, d) z$ z, b, o5 A! s" e$ uWe are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual capable of thinking and working independently. Applicants should have or shortly expect to obtain a first or upper second-class degree from a UK university, or an equivalent standard from an overseas university, in a relevant subject such as Biological Science and Medical Science. These positions are open to UK citizens or overseas students who meet the UK residency requirements (home fees) or are able to augment the funds to cover the extra costs associated with international student fees through scholarships or funding schemes (e.g. Gates Cambridge or Cambridge Trust). Full details of the University's entrance requirements and scholarships are specified on the following link: https://www.postgraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/
, \6 j, X4 Q- c" G
$ J9 s9 j3 J" s* z+ `0 P1 H# vFunding- i1 @7 `& Z4 k4 U  t8 p: e
8 j% r' J+ G* I- w& Q

3 T5 G' N( }2 r: LFull funding covering Maintenance fees at £21,500 per annum and the University Composition Fee (at home fee level) is provided for the studentship, with effect from 1 October 2024.
) C# ^7 o; H4 p" j1 NAll applications should be made online via the University's Applicant Portal for a PhD in Medicine:  . X: z# x( h1 Z* O
https://www.postgraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/directory/cvmdpdmed/apply where you can also find full eligibility and course details.+ T/ v4 }7 D8 v0 U) K

$ B+ O9 z2 \6 G: B* sInformal enquiries can be sent to Dr Xuan Li ([email protected])
  [% ^5 B1 E( Q! \' p+ W; Q* ?' Z( t* x- c: \9 m8 R
Deadline+ X5 \6 w& F1 D$ }# X  s6 V
7 y" c9 V* |# ?6 H7 r, n' B
# A; R# }" |; E, W
A completed application must be submitted by October 1st. An application is only complete when all the supporting documents, including the 2 academic references, are submitted. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure their referees submit their references before the closing date.! w9 H: }1 V& e( ]4 j
1 |6 @6 u- m& ]1 N# k5 c
Interview date TBC
7 g# A4 ^4 z+ R* n2 l! y. H- _4 O/ j
Student support and training  e; ^1 M& P7 w' Z! T) f

9 J7 H+ C8 Y- _3 \* p4 R2 T; u) \- Y# n2 k
As a graduate student at Cambridge, you will have access to a wide range of training opportunities and benefit from close supervision provided by a primary and secondary PhD supervisor as well as a personal mentor.5 j+ Q/ Q8 u* b

! }( ^9 y9 `) k5 E$ i4 O/ z6 M8 q! e- cDuring their PhD, there is no taught or examined coursework, but students are encouraged to attend the wide variety of lectures and training courses available to them across the Institute and wider University. This includes a centrally run Statistics course and the University Core Skills Training Programme, which includes sessions on Time Management, Presentation and Performance and Scientific Writing. Students at the Institute will be members of the University's Postgraduate School of Life Sciences (PSLS) who offer a wide variety of core skills and professional development training. Visit the Researcher Development page on the PSLS website for more information. In addition, the student can also take advantage of training courses and seminars in therapeutic sciences offered by Cambridge Academy of Therapeutic Sciences.
' x& Y5 i* `0 R# u
9 X( ^6 \6 @' {0 @: n! W* M8 v' S2 RAll students are expected to attend all internal and external seminars held within Cambridge cardiovascular community ( https://www.cardiovascular.cam.ac.uk/events-seminars/cambridge-cardiovascular-seminars) and the Dept of Medicine. Students will also be encouraged to attend and present at the annual AstraZeneca students symposium.8 O$ t$ o" }: T& W% \- u4 X
, H0 Z7 l) c9 l  O
Please quote reference RC38230 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
; l* I+ o! g6 v5 s# {) \# f3 J0 \# v# G, b1 |3 N( E. ^2 ^
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society. We place major emphasis on the importance of teamwork and an enjoyable work environment as a foundation for performing internationally leading research. This will allow the student to acquire cutting edge research methodologies in a supportive environment, where they can focus on making the best possible scientific progress.
( l8 N4 x: E8 h) b' v  _- R' F. J1 K! l' |' L5 p7 q+ e2 s  [
Apply link: https://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/42634/
7 \5 G5 Q* m' G
$ Y- Y/ x+ w5 `* P02.墨尔本大学
: R1 v  r: p- s0 T( K
5 p  F' Y) D0 g, s6 BVisualising immune priming to malaria
7 t5 E2 c5 B( D, Z" Q0 VUniversity of Melbourne | Department of Microbiology and Immunology博导:Dr Marie Greyer, Prof E Mass, Dr L Beattie截止日期:全年可申% l7 ?1 @- j" H8 \# F
资助的博士项目(全球学生)
( D9 K/ M/ ]7 I# Q6 F8 _5 _9 |9 s8 K+ \, X! r, I) {
【博士奖学金】最新PhD招生和奖学金信息(310)剑桥大学、墨尔本大学-2.jpg
8 W! A: j) ~+ {7 G8 a! C1 ~6 q, c) G( f) r1 p, `, P
项目描述:
$ z: [; C% W# z' ^
+ _: d2 @8 H  t& X  M$ \% ?About the Project
) P, x, n% ~! e' n+ X/ ~3 J8 l8 X2 _' d5 q) p

0 A5 L7 [/ r" e; @: z9 ?This project is being offered as part of the Bonn and Melbourne Research and Graduate Group, a joint PhD program in Immunology between the University of Bonn and Melbourne: https://bonnmelb-phdprogram.com   q4 m# r  P8 C. W

& K" ]$ c0 x: Z- RThe majority of time for this project may be spend in Melbourne, Australia.
! g5 r: _+ I$ N2 X" x$ \
* V: h  I* p" Z) c$ `6 t: q3 _- m$ Q, q: c! V
Our joint PhD program provides benefits beyond that of a simple student exchange program abroad. Candidates get to enjoy an integrated educational experience between two prestigious universities that will provide graduates with a competitive edge and positions them at the forefront of the next generation of leading scientists. Students have:& }0 z, a  D/ A2 j' U

" h8 C7 A/ b. g: I9 G9 u
    + M0 Y6 d8 I6 y0 o: y, _
  • Access to world-class expertise, resources and training facilities
    1 A8 G2 ]& Z9 `" w
  • Being part of two highly ranking universities internationally: P  c& F. v& c4 b" R5 A2 R( o
  • Ability to grow your international research network and scientific collaborations; Z: K7 B. G* ^  ~
  • An opportunity to learn complementary skills from international colleagues to increase the impact of your research# e1 Y( u& t3 b& P% b3 C) Z) R' G6 e. _
  • Becoming part of a cohort of students to share interest, values and experiences2 G! K4 H9 T- H. I0 J. U
  • The ability to experience different cultures and to develop a truly global perspective) ]  r. D6 q0 U8 J3 O+ V/ C
  • A joint PhD degree recognised by two universities in form of two testamurs- one from each partner university  o& f  X" T2 J$ h. u9 X' L
Project title: Visualising immune priming to malaria.- Z* P8 _) j! p& K7 X' z, u
9 O) F' j8 H4 ^! ?6 {
Melbourne supervisor: Dr, Lynette Beattie, Doherty Institute, University of Melbourne
- w0 Z8 K( y, }# f) _# c$ D0 ]$ |* ~# I- L. t5 d# s
Bonn supervisor: Prof, Elvira Mass, Limes Institute, University of Bonn
* M; e! p/ R4 F& U% G4 W2 X& Y! U$ B
Project description: Dendritic cells (DC) are the activators of the immune system, responsible for the generation of protective T cell responses against a broad range of pathogens. However, the detailed mechanisms of DC activation following parasite infection, which underlie their T cell priming capability, are not fully understood. By utilising models of malaria infection as the priming stimulus, and in vivo real-time imaging techniques including 3-photon microscopy, we aim to understand the early cellular interactions that lead to effective T cell priming, for the generation of robust memory T cell responses and long-lived protection against reinfection.
3 q9 E% Y- O  M8 o8 M2 q
& y/ c( b& Q1 D) S# y4 \9 s) HThe Melbourne aspect of this project aims to utilize our advanced immunological tool kit to map the cellular dynamics of T cell activation following malaria infection and visualize the key events that occur via 3-photon intravital microscopy.
  H0 }# c/ _% V5 Q% C
; P* o# }# R9 V9 k4 _$ a' M( ZThe project will continue at Bonn University where unique and powerful myeloid cell fate-mapping models will be used to dissect the relative importance of different cell populations in the T cell response.$ R! m' ~% R. I1 [
4 ?3 \, W- [" [! ~
Academic entry requirements: We welcome applications from all countries and nationalities. To be eligible for entry you are expected to have successfully completed your BSc and MSc degree (or close to completion) in Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related fields and achieved an overall average of greater than 80%.This is a minimum entry requirement and serves as a guide only. You are also required to have completed a research project that accounts to at least 25% of one year of study and must possess excellent English language skills. Additional qualifications and/or experience in a relevant field, reference reports and scientific publications will also be taken into consideration./ y8 w( F) Q3 {  C
2 e8 x- j$ c  Y" E2 [
Please note that this position is fully funded, students are not expected to pay international study fees. Funding includes:
' W2 d9 _' N* F" P8 s2 c1 y( b. u+ \  M! k/ O8 }8 l
    $ h- `/ q5 R' B' s) x1 q
  • Stipend $34,400 per year pro rata (2023 full-time study rate, includes limited sick pay, maternity and parenting leave), for up to 3.5 years. N7 h, `' `. i& ^6 f3 `0 V: M
  • 100% fee remission up to $110,000
    6 `- d5 C0 }. w0 w4 I# q
  • Relocation grant of $2000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia.: p) c5 j. l. h) s% t. V
  • Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
    ! b6 F, D% d) A3 t% H4 E- w
  • Travel costs for exchange to Bonn4 A7 z# d' n1 t

6 h) z! n3 z) Y6 c" [% A- d' |+ ]! nHow to apply: Candidates who meet the minimum entry requirements are asked to submit the following documents via email:
/ U$ p3 `0 v/ r  L5 D
    4 V( H) d* t# l0 M
  • Letter of motivation
    0 G4 m( @2 n! n3 b
  • CV in German or English language$ ?/ o6 g- F  C
  • Electronic copy of your full BSc and MSc University transcripts (or equivalent) in German or English language
    7 G6 H: G8 C: v$ U
  • Evidence of English language competency (study abroad, IELTS, TOEFL, or similar)3 Y3 K+ \6 q9 ^

3 B( o1 C# E4 l! B7 o8 `Contact/application to: [email protected]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

金钱

收听

听众
性别
保密

新手上路

金钱
208 元